Thursday, February 6, 2014

my style addiction


original post
original post


I think it's safe to say that my style addiction is mixing prints and patterns!

I love accidentally finding bold ensembles that somehow seem meant to be. I know it's risky and it's a style choice not everyone would make -- but I love mixing things up and seeing the way stripes compliment florals, and the way polka dots love being absolutely everywhere.
There are rules, of course -- but mostly I think they're meant to be bent.
I generally like to stick with:

1. Two prints only -- unless you're feeling super crazy.
2. Treat polka dots like neutrals because they should always be invited to the party.
3. Choose prints within the same color scheme.
4. Mix big patterns with little patterns.

These are not all-inclusive, of course -- each pattern-mixing outfit I wear usually sticks to one or two of these rules, not all of them at once. I'd also say that I often treat stripes as a neutral as well, and basically any black and white pattern. I love the way a black and white striped sweater looks with a loud, colorful print.


original post
original post






original post

I think it's the experimenting that I love the most, and the way my eyes are drawn to ensembles while scrolling through my closet. It makes me wish I had a closet like Cher from Clueless. 
I think patterns were meant to be mixed, colors to be scrambled and worn and paraded.

What do you think about pattern mixing? Would you do it? And if so, what rules would you stand by?

If not -- what is your style addiction?

#mystyleaddiction

2 comments:

  1. I love how you mix printed scarves with printed dresses! I love to do that too. My coworkers probably think I'm crazy, but sometimes it just seems perfect.

    -Charlotte
    Check out my new blog! http://thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte!!
    I sometimes wonder what my coworkers think about all the things I wear ;)

    ReplyDelete