Monday, November 11, 2013

afternoon dates




I think there's something about 2pm that just gets to me
It's that time of day where uneasiness settles in, boredom maybe. Extreme fatigue. All I want to do is fold up under my desk like human origami, and eat a bar of extra, extra dark chocolate. (Which, by the way, is my new favorite thing. Chocolate has always been meh, which as a woman I've been ashamed to admit - but super dark chocolate is basically the extra bold coffee of chocolates. Score.
Whatever you're doing at 2pm, time is against you. It's the afternoon curse. It's some strange alternate universe that swallows you up and wants you to fail at everything you're doing. 
For all these reasons and more, Dusty and I came up with afternoon dates.
Because eureka, coffee solves all my 2pm problems.


We began to figure out that we needed that bit of a break, that little extra time together. 
A time to run outside and jump in the car. Sunglasses on, music up, sigh of relief. 
A spontaneous treat in the hot morbid dead center of that awful, no good portion of our everyday lives. 
2pm. 2-freakin-pm. 


Top/Necklace (shop!): Ruche, Skirt: Modcloth, Sweater: Banana Republic 

Naturally, because we are the way we are, afternoon dates often include picture-taking.
And here, in the Sonic parking lot, was a completely irresistible red tree. You wouldn't even know you were near fresh cheddar poppers and tater tots, by the look of it. Completely wild and on fire with fall. 

On a side note, if you've never owned a true cashmere sweater -- invest in one. Today.
Spoil yourself! You deserve it.
Dusty got this one for me from Banana Republic for our anniversary this past January, and true story, it feels like I'm being kissed by angels all over my arms. 



3 comments:

  1. "Naturally, because we are the way we are, afternoon dates often include picture-taking.
    And here, in the Sonic parking lot, was a completely irresistible red tree. You wouldn't even know you were near fresh cheddar poppers and tater tots, by the look of it. Completely wild and on fire with fall. " Lol. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt totally matches your blog background. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes it does!!
    The background is actually a Kate Spade swatch from a while back, but I think this Modcloth skirt was made from the same fabric! I love it.

    ReplyDelete