Tuesday, August 5, 2014

miss tabby


Skirt (shop!), Denim (similar!), Sunnies (shop on sale!): Ruche 

Road trip style!
This past Friday we hopped in the car as soon as I finished work to head to sunny California. 
(Although for this trip, it was kind of a foggy, drizzly California).

I have a love affair with cutesie, ditsy, quirky prints.
It's a part of who I am, some innate desire to love on and wear the most bizarre and wonderful pieces of printed clothing. I love print mixing.
Dresses covered in apples or birds or other fair creatures are so colorful and full of personality, and I love being able to display my love for whimsy through my clothing. 
When I saw this skirt there was an immediate spark of attraction, and the rest was history. We were meant to be. 



When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade,
without further introduction.
- Mark Twain


I'm also a total cat lady, which made this particular skirt even more irresistible.
If the movie Aristocats was a skirt, this would be it. It's jazzy and sweet and and fun, you can practically hear the music. Everybody wants to be a cat. 
It's comfy and the perfect length for work. I love that it has pockets, too!

My first thought when buying this skirt was that I cannot wait to figure out different combinations to wear with it. I think normally with statement pieces like this, people stick with a pretty basic ensemble, like I did. Something neutral. I really like the idea of tucking a thin chambray button-up into the skirt, or maybe even trying a brighter color on top. 
My next challenge for myself when wearing this skirt is to stay away from only wearing white or black -- this skirt is too delightful to only be worn once or twice. 








No comments:

Post a Comment