Wednesday, August 21, 2013

lumberjack

It's pretty stereotypical of me to associate a nice plaid print with a lumberjack - I certainly didn't feel like a lumberjack yesterday.
With my poofy skirt, clinking bangles and bright teal tights, I'd say I was more of a...fairy lumberjack.
Which I'm on board with.





On a side note, these are my very first tights of the season.
I feel rather happy that they're the crazy teal. Who knows what colored tights will show up this fall!

It's funny how the simplest things can really change the way you see yourself.
Small things that other people may not even see, but that seem like such a drastic change to you.
Things like changing which side you part your hair, or getting that small but significant trim that you feel sure people should notice.
Losing a few pounds, changing your makeup routine, using new hair product.

For me, it's when I don't use a bobby pin for my bangs.
Because the thing is, I don't even have bangs anymore. I've grown them completely out, and yet I still stick a bobby pin to the side every single day.
Yesterday, the bobby pin started slipping (which also happens multiple times a day...darn you, fine hair!) and I went to readjust it and clumsily dropped it in the car somewhere, where it shall remain forevermore.



Top: Ross, Skirt: J. Crew, Tights: Target, Boots: DSW, Bangles: Kate Spade

My husband and I went on a date night, bobby-pinless, and when we got home we went straight out to take some pictures before it got too dark.
When I look at these pictures, there's something odd and different about my appearance.
And all it took was the escape of a bobby pin.


2 comments:

  1. I love plaid, I wear it all the time so its fun to see it dressed up. Those tights are a perfect addition and your hair is gorgeous! with or without the bobby pin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! You're so sweet!
      I definitely need more plaid in my life. This will be the first of many plaid purchases this year, I'm sure!

      Delete