Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ever After: Danielle de Barbarac



After reflecting on my love for Ever After in last week's post, I concocted an impromptu photoshoot with the help of my tripod and (for the last two outfits) my handy husband.
I had watched the movie on Saturday, and began to think about what a modern Danielle would look like.
Her hair is simple and classy, and I'm not sure two side braids would ever be "out of style", although it's definitely reminiscent of an old school 'do of the hippy persuasion.
I could see Danielle in bell bottoms - but maybe that's more because she's played by Drew Barrymore.

Top: Forever 21, Blazer/Necklace: Lux Clothing, Skirt: Ruche (similar), Booties: Urbanog


I wanted to experiment for this shoot, and took advantage of Pixlr-o-matic to edit all of these photos.
It was fun to experiment, but also gave every photo a more fantastic feel to it, allowing me to imagine myself away into another place, into another time.




Top/Dress (similar, similar): Ruche



Danielle: You have everything, and still the world holds no joy. And yet you insist on making fun of those who would see it for its possibilities. 
Henry: How do you do it?
Danielle: What?
Henry: Live, each day, with this kind of passion! Don't you find it exhausting?
Danielle: Only when I'm around you. 


Top: Ruche (remixed), Skirt: LOFT (remix 1, 2, 3, 4), Shoes: Zulily (remixed), Jewelry: Cookie Lee



Grand Dame: Her name was Danielle de Barbarac...and this was her glass slipper. 
Perhaps you will allow me to set the record straight?
Wilheim Grimm: Then...it's true! The story!
Grand Dame: Yes, quite. Now then...what was that phrase you use? Ah, yes. Once upon a time...


No comments:

Post a Comment