Thursday, October 9, 2014

remixing {frocktober, day 7+8}

Dress: Ruche (similar 1, 2, 3, 4), Star Cardigan: Gifted (similar 1, 2, 3), Button-Up: J. Crew

I decided to wear the same dress two days in a row this week for a chance to do some Frocktober remixing.
This amazing aztec-print dress has been remixed on this blog and beyond many times (see here, here, here, here in italy, and here in italy again). I've actually worn it even more than I realized! I've had it for almost exactly a year. I got it for my birthday last year and have been loving on it ever since. 
I don't normally purchase shift/sheath dresses online (or honestly at all) because I'm pretty self-conscious about a straight fit. I prefer the fit and flare. And especially buying online without trying it on, there's the risk that it'll be too tight - but I totally lucked out on this one! It's the perfect fit. It's comfortable by itself and I can always belt it for that added definition. It's the perfect skirt beneath a cozy sweater and works really well for all seasons of layering. 
When I was in Italy in March I wore it belted with tights and boots, with a thin turtle neck underneath it and a green army jacket over it. I don't think it'll ever get that cold here in AZ but there are always fun options for wearing cute dresses when traveling in colder weather!




  
On a total side note, I really wish I could share this star cardigan with you. I'm a tad obsessed. It was a gift from my friend (the shopaholic, although this time she bought it specifically for me!) from Nordstrom's last chance store up in Phoenix and I'm fairly confident there's no way to find it ever again. Which I kind of love because it's incredibly unique. But I also feel sad for you. So, if you're ever in town and need a fantastic knit cardigan for a night out, stop by and I'll share the wealth.
But you have to promise to give it back.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment