Monday, October 13, 2014

simple sunday {frocktober, day 12}


Keeping things nice and simple yesterday. 
One of the greatest things about dresses is that even though they're fun to layer and they're extremely versatile, they're also a simple ready-to-go outfit in and of themselves. Dress and sandals, go.

I had my book club last night, and we met at a local donut shop that's open late which I think is a superb idea. My dear friend bought a book for me this weekend, The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt, so she brought it with her to book club. It was a book I started reading in Virginia, but had to return before I finished it. I'm so excited to get back into it! It's fantastic. If you're interested in the history and society of Venice, I'd highly recommend it. Books are the best gifts. 

I'm fighting a nasty cold this morning, so this work day is going to be long and dull. I'm counting down the minutes until lunch, when I can sneak away to Starbucks for a hot drink to soothe my throat! I'm foreseeing immediate pajamas when I get home this evening. 

Currently loving
My book club! #theCGbookends
Currently reading
Emma by Jane Austen (for book club), 
 and The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a J.K. Rowling!)
Currently watching
A to Zthe cutest new rom-com show that feels like a mix between the quirky and sadly canceled-way-too-soon Pushing Daisies and classics like You've Got Mail. I'm totally in love with it. 
Currently listening to:
My Reign playlist on Spotify. You should listen to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment