Wednesday, October 15, 2014

beads and polka-dots {frocktober, day 14}


Dress (remixed): Ruche, Sweater (remixed): Francesca's

This sweater has been a favorite of mine for a little over a year now. For some reason it almost always encourages my hair into a messy bun, probably because it's so comfortable and I feel so carefree in its giant polka-dotted embrace. 
It also works quite well for a Frocktober sick day, which this certainly was. Yesterday was rather terrible. I left work around 1pm, went by the store to get a handful of cup-o-noodles (I know - but don't judge me. Everyone has their sicky cravings. Those things are weirdly delicious. Ramen all the way!), and headed straight home for sad couch noodle-eating. I napped for a few hours and then mustered up the strength to take a few photos. 
My husband was laughing at me during this shoot because he said he could tell I was "holding in the sickness" while I was standing there in the road. I definitely went right back into my pajamas as soon as we were done! 

Even so, I do love this outfit. This dress is perfect for layering like this because of the pretty beaded collar. 
I got a few new Ruche pieces in the mail last night that I'll be wearing this week - I'm currently wearing this dress, and loving it! It's such a pretty floral. I just can't wait for the weather to cool so I can wear it with scarves, tights and booties. 
I also got another gift from my husband which made me almost burst into tears (it was the cold talking), the long-awaited As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes. I honestly have just started reading it and have already squealed and/or said awww about a dozen times. I cannot wait to read it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment